A special feature of Electriciens sans frontières’ structure comes from the important involvement of its volunteers in governance, community life and projects. In order to support the activities of volunteers and to carry out long-term and cross-functional activities for all delegations and projects, a team of employees ensures:
- Accounting: collecting receipts and donors’ remittances, tracking operating expenditures such as major national project expenditures, emergency missions, volunteer travel expenses for meetings, communication operations, fixed costs, etc.
- Management Control : monitoring the financial operations carried out at the headquarters, preparing the organisation’s forecast budgets, performing the accounting follow-up of the regional delegations and the closing of the accounts, etc.
- Association’s and projects’ overall financial monitoring: monitoring the association’s annual budget, checking project budgets
- Support for projects and managing projects’ requests: identifying potential donors, preparing grant dossiers, drawing up project reports for the association, for our partners and for donors
- Partnerships search: identifying national partners; developing the association’s financial, human, material and logistical resources
- Communication: informing and raising awareness among our different audiences of our news, projects and positions through various media to make our NGO known and, ultimately, expanding its resources
- The association’s day-to-day management and the life of its projects: ensuring the administrative management of the association, monitoring projects and missions
This team is led by a Chief Executive who also ensures the link between the team and the association’s governance bodies, as well as the coordination of national projects and the representation of Electriciens sans frontières in different decision-making and influential bodies or networks (Coordination Sud, study groups).