With more than 1,200 members, Electriciens sans frontières is one of the few NGOs that relies so heavily on volunteer work.
Do you want to get involved but you don’t exactly know what volunteering with Electriciens sans frontières entails? How long does it take? If your profile is suitable? This article is for you! Find here all the information about volunteering at Electricians Without Borders.
For more than 35 years, the commitment of our members, partners and employees has guaranteed the quality of our actions around the world and strengthened their continuation.
Volunteer commitment is at the heart of Electriciens sans frontières’ model.
Because we need you, but not only! Being a volunteer means giving a little of your time to help others. And without even realizing it, you have a lot to gain!
- Being useful by committing in international solidarity projects carried out for the most needy populations
- A feeling of belonging to a community: you take part in the community life of the NGO
- Great encounters within a cohesive team, with whom you will enjoy spending time and sharing. The best way to build strong relationships!
- The recognition and valuation of your skills and new qualifications to acquire and develop through the different experiences you will have within Electriciens sans frontières
- Stimulating projects: within a team, you will have a significant role and work on the implementation of a project.
Helping out can be done in many ways: each person can find a formula that suits its availability, interests, skills, activity and desires.
Electriciens sans frontières combines a strong identity with a unique territorial presence and a wide variety of actions, all of which are rooted in the values of humanity and solidarity.
Volunteering opens the door to dozens of missions, some unsuspected and all rewarding: setting up partnerships, writing specifications, administrative, financial or logistical management, carrying out socio-economic studies, monitoring projects, emergency actions… So whether you want to develop your skills or live new experiences, find THE mission that suits you!
Moreover, within Electriciens sans frontières we obviously need electricians, water specialists… BUT not only! We need people who are able to manage a project, to lead a team with a wide range of skills and profiles, to understand the logistical challenges of humanitarian projects or to manage the financial aspects of projects and of the association (cash position).
We therefore need a wide range of profiles! So don’t ask yourself this question: “I want to get involved, but I am no electrician or engineer… Will my skills be useful? Get involved !