The city of Panazol near Limoges in Haute-Vienne (87) requests our help in several areas for the Professional Training Centre of Diofior in Senegal, in order to help to the development of professional educational courses for electricians.
Diofior is a rural commune of about 20,000 inhabitants. It is located 150 km south of Dakar, in the Siné Saloum area.
The city of Panazol has been involved since 2011 in a decentralized cooperative approach for development aid for the Commune of Diofior in Senegal.
- Aid for training in the form of a partnership in electricity, depending on local needs and activities,
- There is a need for equipment for practical training (indoor installation, solar photovoltaic, solar thermal, industrial installation),
- Needs for training tools, mockups (PV kits and/or solar pumps, etc.) and electrical equipment.
The project takes place in three stages.
- 1st stage: Provide suitable training tools, mockups, practical kits, electrical equipment
- 2nd stage: Help with theoretical and practical training on solar photovoltaics. Implement a photovoltaic installation at the Training Centre for learning and practical work. Define any necessary future training, in line with the needs expressed by the trainers and management.
- 3rd stage: Provide training on solar thermal and solar pumping. Complete the help in accordance with the needs expressed above.
The Diofior Vocational Training Centre, which is part of the Ministry of Vocational Training, Learning and Handicrafts will benefit directly from Electriciens sans frontières’ intervention.
In addition to providing training in management, entrepreneurship, agro-ecology and catering, this Centre has provided basic training in electricity for three years since the start of the school year in October 2013, the year of its construction.
In order to support its development, Electriciens sans frontières brings:
- Equipment donated by its northern partners (the Lycée Maryse Bastié, the Building Apprentices Training Centre (Centre de Formation des Apprentis du Bâtiment), etc.)
- The layout of training rooms
- The creation of workshops and practical work classrooms
- The installation of equipment (mockups and electrical equipment, etc.)