MOLDOVA | From March 19 to April 3, 2022: Sending a team of Electriciens sans frontières on the field, in order to transport and install generators in seventeen Moldavian hospitals, and to train local teams in their maintenance.
From March 19 to April 3, 2022, a team of four volunteers (Devi, Matthieu, Alexis and Tristan) was sent to Moldova, in coordination with the Crisis and Support Center of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and our partners.
The action of Electriciens sans frontières is initially focused on seventeen hospitals in several large cities of Moldova where generators have been sent and connected, after consultation with the local authorities.
Our action thus makes it possible to anticipate massive influx of civilians and to respond to the best extent possible to the needs of refugee families who require access to care. At the same time, these actions increase the resilience of the Moldovan hospitals concerned.
Electriciens sans frontières deploys skills and means
During this mission, we:
- delivered 17 high power generators (60 to 550 kVa) to Moldovan hospitals.
- trained Moldovan personnel for the maintenance and operation of the generators in each hospital.
- Carried out the complete installation and connection of 5 generators in several Moldovan hospitals as well as the preparation and realization of about 12 technical studies in order to connect the remaining generators in the next weeks.
Direct and indirect beneficiaries of our action:
- The health workers of the 17 hospitals;
- The patients of the 17 hospitals connected to the generators.
To date, we are still in contact with the local teams and the Moldovan authorities to ensure that the generators connected to the hospitals are working properly.
We also stay in touch to follow the progress of the work in some hospitals. A next team from Electriciens sans frontières should be sent in a second step, to finalize the installation of the generators and to ensure the security of the connections in the Moldavian hospitals currently under construction.
Our action will not stop there and the support we receive will be decisive in defining, adapting and enriching the needs associated with the conflict.
Please make a donation so that Electriciens sans frontières can effectively respond to the needs of the refugee population.